Each year within the construction industry there are a number of accidents due to inadequate paths and signage on construction sites. These accidents regularly relate to site workers or visitors veering off safe paths and surface slippages.
Why create walkways on site?
- Separating pedestrians from work vehicles
- Health and safety on construction sites
- Reduces protection material use as there is no need to protect other surfaces
- General traffic management on site
How to create safe walkways on site?
Proper signage can be a solid solution but for the majority of construction sites signs are simply not visible enought. That's why a high-visibility mat could provide a clearer guidance for all pedestrians and vehicles on site.
The Proguard yellow walkway matting can be used for a number of different site traffic solutions, including guiding site workers and visitors, avoid additional floor protection (as workers avoid walking on other areas), trolleys and plant machinery can cross easily.
The anti-slip safety matting provides excellent resistance to oil, grease and chemicals, and being made of PVC, this flexible runner matting is odourless and much easier to move than heavy rubber.
Ideal material for loose lay, long length safe walkways and work areas.
Why use safety matting?
- Easy to handle 1m x 10m roll
- Excellent anti-slip properties
- Hi-Visibility yellow colour
- Suitable for wet and dry areas
- Excellent anti-fatigue properties
- Easy to clean and hygienic
- Good oil, grease & chemical resistance
- High insulation properties
- Excellent durability & resilience
- Low maintenance
- Made from PVC - no odour and easy to move
Where can you use walkway matting?
- Ideal for medium/heavy traffic use
- Construction Site Walkways and Work areas
- Industrial, commercial or domestic areas
- Manufacturing assembly lines or production/packing areas
- Suitable for use in food/drink processing and packaging areas
- Temporary Floor Protection
- Can be cut to fit steps and walkways on site and/or on boats (provide an improved level of grip even when wet)
WHAT A CUSTOMER SAYS ABOUT THE YELLOW WALKWAY MATTING
“Great product compared to other rolled protection materials as it lies flat rather than curling up. Also it doesn’t require fixing as the material is heavy enough to stay in place but also has the benefit of being easy to manoeuvre into a different position if required”.
Megan Forster, Coniston Ltd.
at the Norwegian Embassy, London